Iran Supreme Leader: Israel still a Threat to Palestinians
Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned Thursday that Israel remains a threat to the Palestinians despite its withdrawal from south Lebanon, the state IRNA news agency reported.
Khamenei, speaking during a meeting with visiting Lebanese parliament speaker Nabih Berri, stressed the need to "maintain the spirit of resistance and unity" to stand up to the Jewish state.
"With the continuing occupation of Palestine, the Israeli threat is still present," he said, quoted by IRNA. "It is everyone's duty to try to liberate Palestine."
Berri arrived in Tehran Wednesday for four days of talks with Iranian officials at the head of a parliamentary delegation - TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iranian Supreme Leader: Lebanese Struggle against Israel must Continue
- Iran's Supreme Leader calls to continue resistance
- Iran: Palestinians should Continue Struggle against Israel
- Iran, Oman Condemn ‘Israeli Atrocities’ against Palestine, Syrian and Lebanon
- Supreme leader says Iran can damage interests of ''any invader''