Iran Supreme Leader: US, Israel behind beheadings in Iraq
Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei, in a meeting with visiting Prime Minister of Singapore Goh Chok Tong on Tuesday stressed the need to pursue the international campaign against terrorism. "Terrorism is a loathsome, horrible phenomena and the Islamic Republic of Iran has deeply felt its consequences ever since many years ago, and that is the reason why we consider campaign against terrorism not only essential, bit also of great importance," he stated, according to IRNA news agency.
Referring to the ongoing situation in Iraq in which foreign civilians were taken captive and threatened to be
beheaded, Khamenei said, "We seriously suspect the agents of the Americans and Israelis in conducting such horrendous terrorist moves and cannot believe that the people who kidnap Filipino nationals, for instance, or behead US nationals are Muslims." (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran's Supreme Leader says US presence leads to Iraq insecurity
- Iran's Supreme Leader: US logic is based on ''assassination, oppression and aggression''
- Khamenei: US, Israel behind Iraq attacks
- Iran Supreme Leader supports democratic Iraq
- Khamenei tells Arab leaders to count on Iran against Israeli threats