Iran: Suspension of enrichment cannot last ”forever”
Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi on Thursday said Tehran sees no reason for Washington's involvement in the ongoing discussions between Iran and the three major European countries. Addressing a meeting of Iran's House of Parties, he said, "The US strategy is evident. It pays due attention to Israel."
US involvement in Iran-EU talks will have no positive outcome if not bearing negative one, Asefi reiterated, according to IRNA. He expressed the hope that Europe would act independently with regards to nuclear negotiations with Iran.
Asefi noted that the Europeans should prove that in their nuclear talks with Iran, they can solve the problem independently. Washington is trying to insinuate the EU states that they cannot independently enter nuclear talks with Iran, Asefi conveyed.
Uranium enrichment is Iran`s red line and that Iran will never overlook it, he said adding that suspension of enrichment cannot last forever. It will continue for some more time so that Tehran would see how far the European flexibility will go, he added.
- Iran to reject call for suspension of uranium enrichment
- Iran: Suspension of uranium enrichment - ”unprincipled”
- Iran: Suspension of uranium enrichment can be negotiated
- Spokesman: Iran may continue suspension of uranium enrichment activities
- Western efforts to curb Iran's enrichment failing, says Rouhani