Iran Thief Has Four Fingers Amputated
An Iranian man repeatedly caught thieving had four fingers of his right hand cut off in public with a guillotine as punishment, a newspaper reported Tuesday.
Ali Asghar, 42, from the central region of Golpaygan who had recently been convicted of stealing nine farm pumps, had the fingers cut off in front of a crowd including those he stole from, the Jomhuri Eslami paper said.
Iran's Islamic law sets the death penalty for armed robbery and amputation for repeated theft -- TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Thief Has Fingers Chopped off in Punishment
- Off with their hands! Daesh punishes thieves by chopping off their hands with meat cleavers
- Iran Paper: Amputations should Halt until Economy is Fixed
- Iran Jewel Thieves Get Fingers Amputated as Punishment
- Fingers of two convicted thieves amputated in Iran