Iran Urges Muslim Boycott of US Products
Iranian state television in an official commentary called Monday on all Muslim countries to boycott US products as a show of support for the Palestinian uprising against Israel.
"Islamic countries should boycott the import of American and Israeli products and ask Muslims not to use them," it said.
"This is how Muslim countries will be able to exert pressure on the Zionist regime to get it to stop its attacks and crimes in Palestine, Lebanon or elsewhere," the commentary said.
Leading clerics in the oil-rich Gulf states have also urged people to boycott hundreds of US products ranging from Big Macs and Coca-Cola to Calvin Klein and Levi's jeans in support of the Palestinian Intifada.
Iran does not recognize the state of Israel and has welcomed the uprising, which has left almost 290 people dead so far, the vast majority of them Palestinians killed by Israeli fire – TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas leader urges Muslims to fund Islamic resistance and boycott US goods
- Pakistani Muslim Cleric Calls for Boycott of US Products
- 'Muslim Facebook': An alternative to 'Blashpemous' Facebook, Scholars Say
- US State Department Urges Gulf Countries to ‘Refrain from Boycotting US Products’
- Iran Cleric Blasts US as Inhuman, Wants Muslim Support for Palestinians