Iran: US has no definite strategy in Iraq
Iran denounced the United States Sunday for lacking what it called a definite strategy in Iraq following a decision to reinstate some of the former Baath Party.
"Since America has no strategy in Iraq or its strategy is wrong, it is pursuing a policy of trial and mistake. This is unbecoming of a country which boasts of being a superpower," Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said, according to IRNA.
The official, speaking to the press in a weekly news briefing, noted that Iran was continuing its cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in order to remove "ambiguities" in the forthcoming meeting of the IAEA board of governors. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Spokesman: Iran to continue talks with nuclear watchdog
- Spokesman: Iran to continue cooperation with nuclear watchdog
- Iran to ''examine cooperation'' with Nuclear Watchdog
- Iran says no need to report certain nuclear activities to Int’l Atomic Energy Agency
- Iran pledges to keep commitments to nuclear watchdog