Iran: US veto power on Iraq's interim government council ''unacceptable''
The interim government council in Iraq which represents all Iraqi citizens should be considered as a step to hand in the governance to people, Iran's foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said Tuesday. The council should aim at putting an end to occupation, the statement added.
Asefi reiterated on the Iraqi people's right to determine their own destiny. He denounced the US-imposed veto power on the fledgling interim government council as unacceptable.
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Powell: New Iraq government can't veto US military decisions; Top Shiite cleric backs new leaders
- Tehran: Iraqi leaders who escape to Iran to be detained, prosecuted
- Australia will help in rehabilitation of Iraq
- Tehran dismisses Chalabi spying charges
- Iranian Mujahedeen opposition group rejects Iraqi decision of expulsion