Iran warns: Israel to pay ''heavy price'' if nuclear site attacked
The Islamic Republic of Iran warned Israel on Monday against committing any "adventurist" military attack on its nuclear sites.
"I hope the Zionist regime will not commit any adventurist act," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Assefi said.
Israel has "demonstrated that it is adventurist and does not respect any principles and, if it makes such a mistake, it will pay a very heavy price," he made clear.
Assefi was responding to a question asked by a journalist, who referred to a report last week in the Washington Post saying that the Israeli Premier had told US President Bush, during a recent visit to Washington, that Tehran was much closer to producing nuclear arms than the American intelligence presumed, triggering Israel to seriously consider a preemptive strike against Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Promises “Unimaginable” Retaliation If Israel Strikes Nuclear Plant
- Iran warns Israel regarding possible nuclear site attack
- Iran threatens to strike Israel's atomic sites if attacked
- Iran rejects link between heavy water plant and nuclear dossier
- Newspaper: Iran to retaliate in case Israel or U.S. attacks Bushehr nuclear plant