Iran announces new missile capabilities
Iran’s Revolutionary Guard recently announced that is has acquired multiple warhead missiles in a ceremony held Wednesday, reports AP.
Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan announced four different types of ballistic missiles, two of which were equipped with multiple warheads.
"These missiles are able to hit and destroy enemy targets with precision, and they meet a variety of the armed forces' needs," Dehghan posted on the Guard’s website." The weapons have strengthened Iran's deterrence power and military might."
Fars news agency wrote that the missiles were created in response to U.S. bases that “encircle Iran.”
Dehghan also referenced Western sanctions in his remarks, saying, “comprehensive sanctions enforced strictly by enemies ... didn't cause the slightest crack in our determination and will.”
The weapons were designed based on the work of General Hassan Tehrani Moghaddam, Iran’s famous weapons designer who died in 2011, according to AP.
- Hezbollah claims new missile capabilities vs. Israel
- Iranian commander says ballistic missiles upgraded beyond U.S. capability
- Iran's Khamenei inaugurates new ballistic missile capable of striking Israel
- Iran’s new surface-surface missile has 200 kilometer range
- Iran Announces Second Successful Test of Shahab-3 Missile