Iran: World should Sue Suppliers of Iraqi Chemical Weapons
Iranian officials have condemned the inaction of the international community to sue Western firms that helped Iraq manufacture chemical weapons in its imposed war on Iran in 1980s, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
The agency said that Iran has sent a letter of protest to Secretary General Kofi Annan, saying that "in the past six months, at least 20 war veterans wounded by chemical weapons have succumbed to their injuries."
"If the victims had been from Western countries, would the international community have exercised the same inaction and would not have sued the Western companies which helped Iraq produce chemical weapons?"
Iraq says it is now clean of all types of most destruction weapons and refuses to cooperate with the newly formed UN body foe weapons inspection UNMOVIC - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Seeks Apology from Western States for Supplying WMD to Iraq
- Iraq Accuses Iran of Having Access to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Iran acknowledges chemical weapons use in Syria
- Iran warns Syria against use of chemical arms
- Sending UN chemical weapons team to Syria would be "suicide", says Iraq IAEA chief