Iranian Delegation in Egypt for Boosting Trade Ties
An Iranian trade delegation including 270 businessmen led by the Iranian president's advisor on economic affairs will start a one-week visit to Cairo on Sunday, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
Akbar Qassemi, head of the interests section of Iran in Cairo, said in a statement published in Egyptian daily Akhbar al-Youm Saturday that the Iranian president's economic advisor would hold important talks with Egyptian ministers of economy, industry and public sector, IRNA said.
According to the agency, the Egyptian-Iranian talks will focus on increasing bilateral trade exchanges, which are currently at the level of 25 million dollars annually.
The Iranian businessmen represent 80 commercial and industrial firms that will participate in a special Iranian trade fair in Cairo, said the agency .
Seminars will be held at the sidelines of the special Iranian fair to boost economic and trade ties between the two countries.
Ties between Egypt and Iran, which were severed in 1979, have been improving lately with the meetings at the top level between both countries – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkish Investment Delegation in Sudan to Boost Trade Ties
- Ready for business: Germany to send economic delegation to Iran to explore bilateral economic ties
- Iran ready to boost economic and trade ties with Germany
- British Trade Delegation to Visit Egypt Sunday
- Chinese Delegation in Egypt to Boost Bilateral Ties