Iranian Energy Ministry Delegation Meets Chinese Minister
A delegation from the Iranian Ministry of Energy which is in Beijing to negotiate on an international tender for upgrading Iran's power plant capacities met with Shi Guangsheng, China's Minister of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation, reported Iranian news agency (IRNA) on Thursday,
Musa Refan, an advisor to Iran's Ministry of Energy and president of the Iran Power Plant Project Management Company (MAPNA), told IRNA that MAPNA is conducting an international tender to attract foreign companies to participate in projects to upgrade Iran's power plant capacities in Bandar Abbas, Qazvin, Azerbaijan and Kermanshah to 4000 megawatts.
Companies from Germany, France, England, Spain, Switzerland, Japan, South Korea and China have announced their readiness to take part, said the MAPNA president.
He said that he and his delegation are in China to inspect the potential and quality of Chinese companies and to negotiate with them.
"We visited the factories and companies in Shanghai, Cheng Du and Beijing," he said, and thereafter held talk with Shi Guangsheng. He said they have reached some agreement about the projects to build a dam and power plant in Seimarreh in Ilam province.
The delegation which is in China for an eight-day visit will leave for Tehran Thursday night – Albawaba.com.
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iranians visit China to examine candidates for power plant tender
- Making sure to gets its peice of the pie:China to send delegation of 110 traders to Iran next month
- Algerian Minister of Energy and Mines Visits China
- Japanese energy delegation arrives in Tehran
- TAQA and Turkish Energy Ministry agree to form joint committee to explore future energy investment opportunities