Iranian FM to attend Arab summit in Damascus
Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki will take part in the 20th Arab League Summit in Damascus from March 29-30, said an informed source in Tehran on Thursday. The source, who was quoted by IRNA, conveyed Mottaki is among a few foreign ministers of the non-Arab League members to attend the meeting.
The two-day meeting of permanent representatives of the Arab League members was held in Damascus from Monday to Tuesday (March 24-25). The foreign ministers of the member states are tol participate in a session in Damascus on Thursday. The meeting of Foreign ministers of the 22-member Arab League in Damascus will be a preparatory for the Arab League summit, with heads of state or their representatives expected to arrive on Friday.
- Arab League FMs agree on draft resolns, but Saudi-Qatar rift may not be on table Tuesday
- Egypt FM expects low-level representatives at Arab summit
- Egypt’s FM in Damascus to Discuss Regional Developments, Arab Summit
- Syrian FM: Arafat-Assad Summit Soon
- Lebanese government, Jordanian king decide not to attend Damascus summit