Iranian FM: U.S. plotting against Iran
Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharazi has accused the United States of carrying out "actions contrary to the interests of Iran" on its eastern borders.
"We have information that the Americans, in collaboration with bandits and terrorist groups, are organizing actions contrary to the interests of Iran on our eastern borders," Kharazi told a news conference Sunday, according to AFP.
"This shows the lack of US sincerity in the war against terrorism," Kharazi said.
Referring to Iran's attempts to defuse tension in Afghanistan, the foreign minister voiced regret that Washington has taken up the "accusatory language" against his country.
He criticized the White House for taking up a bullying approach and resorting to violence after Sept. 11 attacks on US landmarks. Kharazi also regretted that Washington had been trying to propagate anti-Islamic thoughts in the aftermath of the attacks.
"Undoubtedly, violence and rigid-mindedness must never be answered by the same evils," he said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran’s Foreign Minister: US seeks to change several regional regimes
- Iranian Foreign Minister in Nicosia; slams U.S. “them and us” policy
- Iran Doubts ‘Intentions’ of US Military Strikes, Says it is ‘Worried’
- FM: Iran not to adopt ''neutral stance'' on possible US attack on Iraq
- Kharazi: Tehran can Prove Sovereignty over Disputed Islands