Iranian Intelligence Rejects any Link with Lockerbie Accuser
The Iranian ministry of intelligence and security rejected Tuesday any link with Ahmad Behbahani, a defector who accused Iran of being behind the 1988 Lockerbie bombing, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
"This is another plot hatched by the Zionist regime and the United States to hide their multiple failures against Iran," (IRNA) said, quoting minister of intelligence Hojatoleslam Ali Yunessi.
AFP quoted a senior security official as saying that Iran rejected "categorically any organizational link" with Behbahani, who described himself in Turkey as a former agent of Iran's secret services.
On US television channel CBS' "60 Minutes" program broadcast Sunday, Behbahani said Tehran had suggested the attack on a PanAm airliner to Ahmad Jibril, head of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, AFP added - Albawba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US insists nuclear talks are secure following accusations of Israeli cyber spying
- US Security Services Conclude Iranian Defector a Fraud
- Iranian Defector: Iran was Behind Lockerbie Bombing, not Libya
- PFLP-GC Leader: Lockerbie Bombing is a Roving Charge that Lands Wherever US Wants
- Lockerbie Lawyers Question Palestinian on Family Terror Links