Iranian Official: Gulf Islands are Integral Parts of Iran
Iran's foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Assefi, expressed dismay over some issues raised during meetings of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the Arab League, saying the disputed three Gulf islands are integral parts of Iran, reported Tehran Times newspaper.
He said Iran has repeated on numerous occasions that it regards the islands of Greater and Lesser Tunbs and Abu Musa as inseparable part of its territory. However, he said, Iran is ready to discuss any misunderstandings between the two countries by inviting officials from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to Tehran, added the paper - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Says Disputed Islands ‘Integral Parts of Iranian Territory’
- Tehran Summons UAE Ambassador over Isles Dispute
- Iran Spurns Mediation Committee on Disputed Islands
- Emirati Official: UNSC Resolution 'One Way to Settle Islands Dispute with Iran'
- Iran Hails Arab Summit Support for Palestine, Blasts Resolution on Disputed Isles