Iranian parliament speaker confirms elections to be held as scheduled
Iranian parliament speaker Mehdi Karroubi in Tehran on
Wednesday declared that there was no crisis and confirmed that the seventh Majlis elections will be held as scheduled on February 20, 2004.
Karroubi told the official IRNA news agency that there was no cause for concern and rejected the existence of any crisis.
"While we are set to settle the current problems through exchange of views, the date of elections is not going to be changed," he said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran: Former parliament speaker joins presidential race
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Holds Talks with Jordanian Officials on Strengthening Bilateral Relations
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Arrives in Amman Sunday for Bilateral, Regional Talks
- Iranian president urged to publish report on election violations
- Iran's Parliament Speaker to Meet Berlusconi