Iranian Police Seize 600,000 Pieces of Chewing Gum with Obscene Pictures
Iranian police have found and seized some 600,000 pieces of chewing gum bearing obscene pictures in the first six months of the Iranian year, the official IRNA news agency said Saturday.
It said the outlaw gum had been found "near schools and shops" but gave no further details.
In the first half of the Iranian year, which began in March, police have also seized 62,000 obscene compact discs as well as 12,000 "pornographic" videotapes and more than 124,000 obscene playing cards -- TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran’s Police Seize 8000 ‘Obscene’ Video CDs
- Iranian Police Find Soviet Surface-to-Air Missile with Drug Traffickers
- Iranian Police Arrest 109 Drug Dealers, 600 Addicts in Tehran District
- Iranian Police Confiscate 140kg of Drugs in Southern Province
- Iran Seizes more than a Ton of Opium near Pakistan Border