Iranian president declares cabinet
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a letter on Sunday morning announced his cabinet to the Majlis. The letter includes, the list of nominees, their biographies and the program of the government. According to news agencies, the nominees are followers of Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
The list of the proposed cabinet ministers is as follows:
1. Minister of Education: Ali Akbar Ash'ari
2. Minister of Communications and Information Technology: Mohammad Soleymani
3. Minister of Information: Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejeie
4. Minister of Economy: Davoud Danesh-Ja'fari
5. Minister of Foreign Affairs: Manouchehr Mottaki
6. Minister of Commerce: Masoud Mir-Kazemi
7. Minister of Health, Treatment and Medical Education: Kamran Baqeri Lankarani
8. Minister of Cooperatives: Ali-Reza Ali-Ahmadi
9. Minister of Agriculture Jihad: Mohammad-Reza Eskandari
10. Minister of Justice: Jamal Karimi-Rad
11. Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics: Mostafa Mohammad Najjar
12. Minister of Transportation: Mohammad Rahmati
13. Minister of Welfare and Social Security: Mehdi Hashemi
14. Minister of Industries and Mines: Ali-Reza Tahmasbi
15. Minister of Science, Research and Technology: Mohammad-Mehdi Zahedi
16. Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance: Mohammad-Hossein Saffar-Harandi
17. Minister of Labor and Social Affairs: Mohammad Jahromi 18. Minister of the Interior: Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi
19. Minister of Oil: Ali Saeedlou
20. Minister of Energy: Parviz Fattah
21: Minister of Housing and Urban Development: Mohammad Saeedi-Kia.
According to Irna, the Majlis will start debate on the credentials of the nominees and the outlines of the government program within a week to give votes of confidence to the cabinet ministers.
In case some candidates are rejected by the Majlis, the president must introduce new nominees within a period of 15 days.