Iranian President Meets Kadhafi Envoy
Iranian President Mohammad Khatami met here Tuesday with an envoy from Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi, the state IRNA news agency said.
The president told envoy Ahmad Ghazaf-Aldam of "the need for all Islamic countries to break ties with Israel, which is violating human rights in the worst way," IRNA reported.
"The least we can expect from Muslim nations is for them to cut all relations with the Zionist regime," it quoted the president as saying.
On Friday, Kadhafi called on all Muslim pilgrims to Mecca to "march on al-Quds," the Arabic name for Jerusalem.
"There should be one million or two million pilgrims at Mecca. They must march on al-Quds," he said in an interview with the satellite channel Middle East Broadcasting Corporation (MBC).
"Instead of walking around the Kaaba, they should sweep towards al-Quds," he said -- TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Libyan leader meets deputy of Sudanese President
- Kadhafi Calls on Mecca Pilgrims to March on Jerusalem
- Kadhafi Sends Envoy to Egypt to Clarify Libya’ s Walk out from Summit
- Tunisian President Receives Message from Kadhafi on Bilateral, Regional Issues
- France: EU Envoys did not Meet over Iranian Jews' Verdicts