Iranian president: Nuclear energy is ”undeniable right”
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Monday that nuclear energy was the "undeniable right" of the Iranian nation. According to him, the enemies oppose Iran's peaceful nuclear program because they do not want to see a prosperous Iran.
Addressing a gathering of local residents of the town of Likak, he said the enemies are lying when they say they are against weapons of mass destruction because they are themselves the main producers of these weapons. According IRNA, the president added "They want to see Iran continue in its present state of backwardness, he pointed out, but stressed the Iranian nation's determination to move forward in the path of progress and development."
- Ahmadinejad: nuclear energy is ”God-given”
- Former Iran president defends right of access to nuclear energy
- Former president: Iran not to give up right to develop nuclear energy
- Iranian president rules out negotiations on nuclear development rights
- Iran's role in energy security undeniable, says Oil Minister