Iranian President visits India
Iran's President Mohammad Khatami arrived Friday in India for a four-day visit during which he is expected to hold high-level talks with Indian leaders and be chief guest at the country's Republic Day celebrations.
He is accompanied by Foreign Minister Kamal Kharazi, Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh, Defence Minister Rear Admiral Ali Shamkhani and Science and Technology Minister Mostapha Moin.
Khatami was due Saturday to hold talks separately with Indian President Abdul Kalam and Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee.
On Sunday, he is set to attend the Republic Day grand military parade in New Delhi. On Monday he is due to meet business and industry leaders and to deliver a speech to Indian academics and intellectuals, AFP reported.
Discussions with the Indian leadership are expected to include Iran's bid to export gas to India, a project, which is currently under study even though India's rival, Pakistan, lies between the two, the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Indian warships dispatched to Arabian Sea; Iran tries to ease Pak-Indian tension
- Iranian President back home after visit to Malaysia
- India's Vajpayee to sign Tehran Declaration during Iran visit
- Taliban High on Agenda as India's Vajpayee Kicks off Landmark Iran Visit
- Namaste, Dalai Lama! Iranian actress gets a meet and greet with the Tibetan spiritual leader