Iranian Revolutionary Guard killed
An officer in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards was killed in the country's Kurdish northwestern region, state television said Sunday.
"Ayub Ravandi was shot dead by unknown assailants," the television said.
Ravandi's body was buried Sunday in his hometown of Oshnavieh in northwest Iran in a ceremony attended by several thousand people, the television said.
The attack occurred in the city of Mahabad, in the Kurdish-dominated southern sector of Iran's Western Azerbaijan province near the borders with Turkey and Iraq.
No group has taken responsibility for Ravandi's death - TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran: 60 including senior Revolutionary Guards officers killed in attack
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Kill Three Afghan Bandits
- Senior Iranian Revolutionary Guard dies under mysterious circumstances - reports
- A child looks on as Iranian mourners attend the funeral of Mohammad Hamidi, Hasan Ghafari and Ali Amrai, all three members of the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guards reportedly killed in Syria
- Iranian Revolutionary Guards Renew Call to kill Rushdie