Iranian Revolutionary Guard killed
An officer in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards was killed in the country's Kurdish northwestern region, state television said Sunday.
"Ayub Ravandi was shot dead by unknown assailants," the television said.
Ravandi's body was buried Sunday in his hometown of Oshnavieh in northwest Iran in a ceremony attended by several thousand people, the television said.
The attack occurred in the city of Mahabad, in the Kurdish-dominated southern sector of Iran's Western Azerbaijan province near the borders with Turkey and Iraq.
No group has taken responsibility for Ravandi's death - TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran: 60 including senior Revolutionary Guards officers killed in attack
- Plane crash in Iran: 270 members of Revolutionary Guards killed
- Iran's Khamenei inaugurates new ballistic missile capable of striking Israel
- Two Militants of Iranian Armed Opposition Arrested, One Kills Himself
- Opposition Claims Attack on Revolutionary Guards in South Iran