Iranian Soccer Fan Dies of Heart Attack While Watching Iran-Saudi Game
An Iranian young man died Friday of a heart attack while watching a soccer match between his country’s national team and Saudi Arabia in Tehran.
According to the Saudi Arabic daily, Al Riyadh, Elyas Husamy, 19, from the north eastern town of Nishabor, got too excited after Iran scored the first goal in the match that he fell dead.
His father told reporters that his enthusiastic son started jumping of joy when the goal was scored, but suddenly he collapsed breathless.
He was rushed to hospital but the doctors could not save him.
A doctor was quoted as saying that Husamy had suffered heart problems.
The game ended in a 2-0 win for Iran – Albawaba.com
- Soccer Fan Dies of Heart Attack While Watching Iran-Saudi Game
- Tehran: At least three die after international football match
- Iran's Piroozi Beats Qatar's Al-Wakreh 4-2 in Soccer Match
- Some Dead, Hundreds Hurt in Iran Stadium Collapse
- Top Iranian official says Tehran handed over Qaeda activists to Riyadh