Iranian Society of WMD Victims looks for US compensation
Society of Victims of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) on Tuesday lodged complaint with Swiss embassy in Tehran against US administration for supplying former Iraqi president, Saddam Hussein with unconventional arms to be used against Iranian troop in the course of the Iraqi-Iranian war (1980-1988).
In a letter to Swiss Ambassador to Iran, the society said that the US government and US firms should bear responsibility for supplying unconventional weapons to Saddam Hussein and the political support they provided to encourage his invasion of Iran.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Seeks Apology from Western States for Supplying WMD to Iraq
- Newspaper: Saddam Stepping up Opposition Support to Undermine Iran
- Iraq Accuses Iran of Having Access to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Report: Chalabi told Iran US broken code of intelligence service
- Iranian parliament members censure foreign minister for meeting Iraqi counterpart