Iranian Students Express Support for Palestinians
In a statement issued by Basij students in Tehran University and the capital's Medical Sciences University, full support for the Palestinians and the Intifada had been expressed.
In their statement, issued Saturday, the students said that defending the Palestinian rights was one of the prime principles of Iran's Islamic Revolution. The statement condemned the Israeli “criminal acts and massacre” of the Palestinian people.
It further condemned the United States for its support of the Zionist regime of Israel.
The statement said the students are expected to hold a pro-Palestinian and anti-Israeli rally on Monday in the Tehran University and urged the public to join the demonstration, according to IRNA.
In their statement, the students voiced concern over the serious conditions in the occupied lands and the massacre of the defenseless Palestinians by Israel. They called upon the international community to exert pressure on Israel, which, according to them, was the main element responsible for the tension in the Middle East region. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Omani Students Express Support For Palestinians
- Iranian president expresses support for Palestinians, urges European countries to open doors to Jews
- Pakistani Islamic Party Holds Pro-Palestinian Rally
- In Iran: Support expressed for Palestinian suicide bombings
- grammar school students benefit from undp support