Iran's Leader: US and Israel - Number one enemies
Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Sunday, in a meeting with several thousand members of Basij (volunteer forces), that since the victory of the Islamic Revolution, the Iranian nation has stood up to the bullying, threats and empty promises of the enemies which brought dignity, glory and progress for the nation.
"In cases that threats were translated into practice, the Iranian nation showed how strongly they could resist to safeguard the national dignity, glory, identity and interests," the Supreme Leader said, according to IRNA.
The Supreme Leader said that the US and the Zionists are the number one enemies of the Iranian nation and that the United Kingdom (UK) has currently joined them by forming a front against Iran. They call themselves as symbol of "international consensus", whereas, the international consensus is against the US and its interference in Iran's domestic affairs, he added.
- Iraq's interim defense minister says Iran is ”number one enemy”
- Khamenei: US, Israel - worst enemies
- Keeping their enemies closer: Inside Iran and Israel's fraught relationship and why it will never change
- Iran: Enemies will not stop us
- Iranian leader believes Israel and US stand behind Iraq mosque blast