Iran's Supreme Leader calls to continue resistance
Iran's Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Friday that resistance (to Israel) is the key to victory. "Those who resist should not be scared of anything," said the Leader addressing worshipers at Tehran's Friday prayers.
"Part of the massacre committed in Palestine every day is aimed to make up for the disgrace Israel has suffered in Lebanon. "They are trying to overthrow the Hamas government," said Ayatollah Khamenei, according to IRNA.
The leader considered the victory of the Lebanese Hizbullah movement after 34 days of brave resistance against Israel as "a unique historic phenomenon that provided chance for the Islamic nations to see the ruit of pious resistance in confrontation with oppression and injustice."
Ayatollah Khamenei stressed, "Lebanon war changed the political equations in the region, whose effects would be observed in the long run, but no one doubts the fact that a new page has been opened in the regional developments."
- Iran's Khameini says Israel behind Danish cartoons of Muhammad
- Iranian leader meets with Hamas chief and calls for further resistance
- Iran supreme leader: Resistance, Jihad only ways to deal with Israel
- Iran tells Hamas to continue resistance against Israel
- Iran's Supreme Leader calls to strengthen Muslims