Iraq’s National Assembly calls for ending “Zionist-backed U.S. threats”
The Iraqi National Assembly called for supporting Baghdad and exerting efforts to stop “Zionist-backed U.S threats”, to end the unjust embargo and stop interference in Iraq’s internal affairs.
In the course of a meeting by committees of Arab, international relations and Administrative and legal affairs chaired by Hammid Rasheed al-Rawi, Deputy Speaker of Iraqi National Assembly, the National Assembly urged International, European and Arab Parliaments to stop U.S threats against Iraq, according to the Iraq News Agency on Monday.
The UN Charter does not allow interference in internal affairs of states and that was also confirmed by international resolutions of the Security Council, al-Rawi asserted.
Al-Rawi further described U.S. ongoing threats against Iraq as a violation of all international Charters and laws.
U.S illegitimate use of force, according to him, constitutes aggression on a member state of the U.N and causes danger for world security and peace, al-Rawi added. (Albawaba.com)
- UN Assembly tells Israel to stop threats against Arafat
- Iraq National Assembly Speaker sends letters to US Senate members
- Iraqi National Assembly speaker sends letter to International Parliamentary Union Head
- Pope calls to end Iraq violence as McCain holds talks in Baghdad
- Ramadan: Iraq not frightened by U.S. threats