Iraq’s Vice President: United States will attack even if weapons inspectors are re-admitted
Iraq's vice president claimed Saturday that Washington will attack Baghdad even if UN weapons inspectors are re-admitted, echoing a warning from US Secretary of State Colin Powell that regime change is the ultimate goal.
"The position of the United States is not new," Taha Yassin Ramadan told the Dubai-based Arab satellite channel MBC, "Bush said it himself that the issue is not linked to the return of inspectors but linked to a change of regime."
"Our Arab and Muslim brothers and the countries of the third world must know that the (US) administration is seeking to lead an attack on this country to terrorize the whole world," Ramadan stated, according to AFP. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi VP: U.N. inspectors serve CIA and Mossad
- U.S. Vice President: Disarming Iraq is the goal; not return of inspectors
- Iraqi Vice President: U.S. May Suffer Attack “More Dreadful” Than September 11; Report: Iraq to Reopen Talks with UN
- Iraq Reiterates Refusal to Accept UN Arms Inspectors
- British MP: Saddam ready to accept weapons inspectors; Report: Israel to retaliate if Iraq attacks