Iraq’s Vice President: United States will attack even if weapons inspectors are re-admitted
Iraq's vice president claimed Saturday that Washington will attack Baghdad even if UN weapons inspectors are re-admitted, echoing a warning from US Secretary of State Colin Powell that regime change is the ultimate goal.
"The position of the United States is not new," Taha Yassin Ramadan told the Dubai-based Arab satellite channel MBC, "Bush said it himself that the issue is not linked to the return of inspectors but linked to a change of regime."
"Our Arab and Muslim brothers and the countries of the third world must know that the (US) administration is seeking to lead an attack on this country to terrorize the whole world," Ramadan stated, according to AFP. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab League chief: Iraq may agree to return of U.N. weapons inspectors; Powell: U.S. aim - disarmament of Iraq
- Ramadan: Weapons Inspectors Can Return Under Conditions
- Iraq expects US military strike in spite of UN sanctions regime revision
- Iraq Reiterates Refusal to Accept UN Arms Inspectors
- U.S. Vice President: Disarming Iraq is the goal; not return of inspectors