Iraq Blames Iran as two Die, Several Hurt in Grenade Attack
A grenade attack left two people dead and several wounded at a rally attended by a senior official of Iraq's ruling Baath party, the official news agency INA said Sunday, pinning the blame on Iran.
It said the attack took place on Saturday in Dhi Qar province, some 375 kilometers (230 miles) south of Baghdad, during a ceremony to mark the 32nd anniversary of the Baath's rise to power.
A member of the party leadership, Abdel Baqi Abdel Karim al-Saadun, was present when "an agent in the pay of the Iranian regime" hurled a grenade, INA said, without reporting arrests - BAGHDAD (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Six killed in Iraq attacks as Iran denies incursion reports
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Iraq Blames Iran for Rocket Attack on Baghdad
- At least three killed in Iraq attacks
- Another US copter crashes in Iraq as US soldier killed in grenade attack north of Tikrit