Iraq denies launching Scud missiles to Kuwait, says U.S. raid killed one civilian
Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf told Thursday a news conference that Iraq had no Scud missiles, denying U.S. and Kuwaiti military reports that Scuds had been fired at southern neighbor Kuwait.
"I heard reports that we fired Scud missiles on Kuwait. I would like to tell you that we don't have Scud missiles, and why they were fired, I don't know," Sahaf said.
"An Iraqi civilian was martyred (killed) and several more wounded in the air strikes." According to other reports, the killed man was a Jordanian driver.
Sahaf said the raids hit "empty buildings belonging to television and the radio stations and another empty building for Iraqi customs."
"They (the United States) also used technology from locations...west of Iraq to block Iraqi satellite television," Sahaf said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)