Iraq: Four U.S. Marines die
Four U.S. Marines died by a roadside bomb in the western Iraqi province of Anbar on Friday, the U.S. military said on Sunday. The victims were in a vehicle which was hit by an improvised explosive device on Friday, the military said in a statement, cited by AFP.
The road side bomb attack came four days after a similar ambush in the province where two US marines were killed and three wounded.
Friday's attack raised the number of US troops killed in Anbar to 1,290 since the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, according to independent website www.icasualties.org.
- Four killed in Iraq blasts as American Marine dies
- Six US Marines die in Iraq
- At least 19 killed in car bomb attacks in northern Iraq as Sunni cleric assassinated in Basra; Two US Marines die in attacks near Fallujah
- Marine dies in Iraq as US forces uncover '\'car bomb factory'\'
- US Marine dies in Iraqi mine explosion