Iraq: Hospital fire kills at least 12; Seven, including US soldier, die in blasts, shooting
Three teachers from an oil technical college and a mother and daughter were killed in a pair of roadside bombings around the refinery town of Baiji north of Baghdad, police said Sunday, while an Iraq soldier was also killed in an ambush east of Tikrit.
One American soldier was killed in a firefight Saturday in the northern city of Mosul.
Meanwhile, fire swept through the general hospital in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriyah early Sunday, killing at least 12 people and wounding up to 100, the fire department said.
The blaze at the Nasiriyah General Hospital was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault, the fire department said. The injured were transferred to another hospital in the city, located about 200 miles southeast of Baghdad.
- Iraq: US soldier dies, as at least 12 killed in fresh US attacks on Fallujah, Samarra
- At least 27 Iraqis, US soldier die in blasts, shooting attacks
- Seven American soldiers die as US bombing kills 40 Iraqis
- Iraq: Scores killed in blasts, including seven US troops
- At least 12 people die in Baghdad blasts