Iraq: At least 35 dead in market bombing attack
Iraqi sources reported at least 28 people died and more than 40 were hurt in a car bombing in south Iraq. According to the AP, police and hospital officials conveyed Wednesday's attack was targeting a market district in the town of Bathaa.
A spokesman for the Nasiriyah hospital, Kadhim al-Obeidi, stated 35 people died and 45 were hurt. However, the main hospital in the area said 19 people were killed and 56 injured.
The town is located near Nasiriyah some 320 kilometers southeast of Baghdad.
- At least 35 dead in blasts as Turkey vows to fight ”terror” also on Iraqi soil
- At least 12 killed on fresh day of deadly violence in Iraq
- Iraq: At least 35 killed in series of attacks amid growing political tensions
- Turkey: At least 35 dead, 40 injured in attack on Istanbul nightclub
- At least 13 dead in Iraq attacks