Iraq: At least 36 dead in bombing attack
A suicide attack near a Shiite shrine killed at least 36 people on Monday in the central Iraqi city of Karbala, a health official told AFP. At least 50 people were injured in the explosion which occurred in a cafe in the centre of the city close to the Imam Hussein shrine, said Alaa Hamud Dadair, head of Karbala's health directorate.
Witnesses said the attacker was a female suicide bomber, Dadair said. On his part, Karim Khazim, the city's chief health official, said seven Iranians were among the dead.
- Daggers at dawn: the city that doesn't sleep's morning slaughter leaves 34 dead outside Cairo’s army barracks
- At least 36 dead in Iraq attacks
- Witnesses: At Least 36 Dead in Fighting in Abidjan
- Iraq: At least seven dead in blast as funeral death toll rises to 36
- Bomb attacks over 2 days kill 36 in Baghdad