Iraq: Mortars kill at least four, US soldier dies of wounds
Mortar rounds hit a Sunni neighborhood in Baghdad for the third day in a row on Thursday, killing at least three people and injuring 10, hospital officials said. Five mortar rounds landed in the streets of the northern area of Azamiyah on Thursday morning, according to officials who spoke to the AP.
Four people were killed in an afternoon mortar attack Wednesday in Azamiyah.
Meanwhile, an American soldier died Thursday of injuries sustained in fighting in Anbar province, the military said. The soldier died after being wounded in fighting on Tuesday in the Sunni stronghold west of Baghdad, the military said in a statement.
- Mortar attack kills US soldiers, wounds more than 30 as British soldier dies in Basra
- US soldier killed, at least 19 wounded in fresh Iraqi attacks
- Two US troops, three Iraqis die
- Two US soldiers killed, one injured in seperate Baghdad attacks as mortar hits area where Japanese forces deployed
- After football joy: Car blast in Baghdad, four American troops killed