Iraq Says it has Detailed Plan to Liberate Palestine through Jihad
Iraq has called on the Arab leaders to declare Jihad, or holy war, against Israel to liberate Palestine and the other occupied Arab lands.
In his speech at the Arab summit, monitored on TV in Amman, Deputy Chairman of the Revolutionary Council Izzat Ibrahim said that Iraq has a detailed plan for Jihad against Israel that needs the support of the Arabs, especially the oil-rich Gulf states. However, Ibrahim assured “the countries of money and oil,” that the standards of living of the peoples will not be affected if they agree to the plan.
He urged the Arab and Muslim nations to set up a fund for Jihad and to facilitate struggle against Israel, which he said the only options the Arabs have due to the fact the peace process has led only to disappointment.
He added that Iraq itself does not need any financial support because “it has enough for its livelihood and for Jihad.”
Ibrahim, who harshly criticized Arab leaders and US hegemony and support for Israel, said that the Iraqi plan for war adopts a distribution of roles where “each party does what it is good at.” – Albawba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq Renews Call for Jihad to Liberate Palestine
- Hamas denies holding secret talks with Israel
- Iraq Calls for Jihad to Free Palestine
- 'Jihadism is not the [Syrian] war's only wider threat': New York heath expert says Syria's polio will spread to Iraq
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night