Iraq: Suicide bomber kills five American troops
A suicide bomber detonated a truck packed with explosives outside an Iraqi base in the northern city of Mosul Friday, killing five American troops and two Iraqi policemen, the U.S. military said. According to Reuters, two American troops and 20 members of the Iraqi security forces were wounded in the blast, the U.S. military said. Iraqi police said the blast wounded 70 people and destroyed five Iraqi and two U.S. armoured vehicles.
Iraqil security officials reported two separate incidents earlier in the day where roadside bomb attacks near Baghdad killed three people and injured seven others. The first explosion hit a family Diyala province northeast of Baghdad, killing a woman and wounding her husband and two children. Two other civilians were killed and another four were hurt in a similar attack in the town of Yusifiyah south of Baghdad.
- Iraqi resistance destroys new U.S. armoured vehicle bomber hits Baquba
- Five American troops die in Baghdad bombing attack
- Group of five Daesh suicide bombers target military vehicles in northern Iraq
- Iraq: Five U.S. troops killed in suicide bombing attack
- Explosions rock Baghdad as US troops kill five Iraqis in Mosul