Iraq: Three dead in blast, US fire
A car bomb went off Wednesday in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, killing two people and wounding 14 others, the U.S. military said. The explosion took place in western Mosul's Yarmouk neighborhood, said Essam Youssef of the city's Jamhouri hospital.
Also in Mosul, U.S. soldiers shot dead a civilian in a pickup truck who approached their convoy as he was trying to pass it, policeman Ahmed Rashid said.
Southeast of Mosul in Kirkuk, a roadside bomb exploded in an industrial neighborhood, wounding two bystanders, police Capt. Farhad Talabani said, according to The AP.
- US fire kills four as two dead in Kirkuk blast
- Iraq: Father and three sons shot dead; Death toll of Kirkuk blast rises to 21
- US soldier dies in blast as four Iraqi soldiers killed in clashes; three Muslim clerics shot dead
- Blast kills three Iraqis as five others, including Interior Ministry official, shot dead
- Three dead in Iraq blasts