Iraq: Three US soldiers killed in ambush near Tikrit
An ambush on the outskirts of ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein's ancestral hometown of Tikrit killed three U.S. soldiers and injured two late Thursday night, according to a U.S. military spokesman.
Lieutenant-Colonel William McDonald said the three soldiers from the 4th Infantry Division were killed by a small arms fire in the Al-Ouja village, located south of Tikrit, when they were on patrol, inspecting a suspected weapons site.
The two wounded were evacuated to a medical treatment facility. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S. forces kill four Iraqis near Tikrit; Mosul: Bomb blast in movie theater kills two
- Bomb attack near Tikrit injures four US soldiers
- Three U.S. soldiers, Iraqi interpreter killed, five injured in bomb attacks
- Two American troops, nine Iraqis killed in another day of clashes
- Two Iraqis wounded during firefight with US soldiers