Iraq: Three US soldiers killed, seven wounded in separate incidents
Three U.S. soldiers were killed in separate incidents in Iraq on Wednesday, officials said. One soldier was killed when a roadside bomb hit a patrol near the town of Tikrit. Iraqi police reported earlier that an Iraqi civilian was killed and two injured in a similar attack near Tikrit Wednesday.
A second soldier died of his wounds following an attack on a patrol in the northern town of Mosul, U.S. command said in a statement.
A third soldier was killed when a car bomb exploded near a traffic control point in Baghdad, a military statement said.
Later in the day, a car bomb shook the Baghdad's upscale Mansour district on wednesday afternoon, police and witnesses said. Four American troops were injureed in the explosion along with at least two Iraqis, the US military said. The explosion was caused by a suicide bomber in a booby-trapped car.
Elsewhere, a U.S. Black Hawk helicopter crashed shortly after take off in southern Iraq, injuring three crew members, the military said Wednesday. The aircraft went down near the city of Nasiriyah late Tuesday, a spokesman in Baghdad said. According to him, the aircraft was "severely damaged" and that an investigation was underway. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: Seven family members killed as reporter detained following shoe incident
- Five US troops, seven Iraqis killed in separate incidents
- Iraq: Ukranian, Dutch soldiers killed in separate incidents
- Two Iraqis killed, at least eight US soldiers wounded in separate incidents
- Iraq: Four US soldiers, Iraqi killed in separate incidents as Australia set to send additional troops