Iraq: Three US troops wounded as PM expected in Iran
Three American troops were injured in a bomb attack in Baghdad's eastern Jadida neighbourhood, the military said. "Three soldiers were wounded ... when their humvee was hit by an improvised explosive device," US military spokesman Major William Willhoite told AFP Saturday.
Meanwhile, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki would travel to Iran on Monday for a two-day visit, a government spokesman said on Saturday. This will be Maliki's first official visit to Iran since his unity government took office in May, government spokesman Ali al-Dabagh stated in a statement.
The prime minister's deputy Barham Salih visited Tehran a week ago, reportedly preparing for Maliki's trip.
- Statement by the Office of Prime Minister Barham Salih on the fire at the Soma Hotel in Sulimanya
- Iraq: Four U.S. troops killed, PM to visit Iran, Turkey
- Two US troops, three foreigners die in attacks as Spanish PM vows to keep forces in Iraq
- Spokesman: Iraqi PM seeks to visit Iran
- US base attacked in Kirkuk as three Georgian troops wounded