Iraq: Two American soldiers killed, two wounded
Two American troops were killed and two others were wounded in separate bombings that occurred within hours, the U.S. military said Thursday. The attacks also injured an Iraqi translator.
An explosive device hit a U.S. convoy near the city of Fallujah, killing one soldier and wounding two, the US Army said in a statement Thursday. The attack happened Wednesday night, the statement said. All three soldiers were injured in the blast, but one later died of his wounds at a military hospital in Baghdad. The other two remain at the hospital. One is listed in serious condition and the other stable, The AP reported.
At about midnight, a U.S. patrol was hit by an improvised bomb near Beiji, said the US military. One soldier was killed and a translator wounded.
As of Wednesday, at least 1,064 members of the U.S. military had died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US soldier killed, two American reporters wounded in Iraq
- American civilian killed, at least two soldiers wounded in Iraq
- Two US troops killed as American soldiers shoot dead four Iraqis including two pro-Saddam demonstrators
- Blast kills three American soldiers, two Iraqis north of Baghdad; Another ''coalition'' soldier dies
- Two US soldiers killed in Iraq