Iraq: US soldier captured as two car bombs explode in Mosul
Iraqis have captured an American soldier in the city of Samarra, north of Baghdad, an Iraqi police spokesman told Reuters on Tuesday.
Lt. Col. Mohammed Ahmed of Samarra police said the soldier had been seized Monday night by gunmen. According to him, American soldiers were out in force in the streets of the city Tuesday.
Elsewhere, at least two members of Iraq's security forces were killed and 11 others injured in double car bombing attacks in the northern city of Mosul.
One car went off in the path of a national guard patrol in a southern district of the city, killing two members of the Iraqi national guard and injuring four others, an Iraqi police officer told AFP.
A second car bomb detonated a few hours later in the path of a convoy of General Rashid Falih, a national guard commander, injuring seven of his companions. Four of the injured were in critical condition. (albawaba.com)
- Iraq: At least six dead in Fallujah car bomb blast as four U.S. soldiers injured in Mosul ambushes
- Iraq: Roadside bomb kills two US contractors; American soldier dies near Mosul
- Three US troops killed as 12 car bombs explode across Iraq
- Car bombing attacks in Baghdad, Mosul as four US soldiers killed
- Bomb explodes in Istanbul, two others detonated