Iraq: US soldier dies, as at least 12 killed in fresh US attacks on Fallujah, Samarra
An American soldier was killed by small arms fire, the US Aprmy said in a statement Saturday. The incident happened late Friday, the statement said.
Elsewhere, at least seven Iraqis were killed and 13 injured in an American air strike on the city of Fallujah, said medics early on Saturday.
Doctor Ahmed Taher at Fallujah's general hospital said seven dead, including children and women, and 13 wounded were received at the hospital.
The US military said that it "conducted a precision strike on yet another confirmed Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi terrorist site in northeast Fallujah."
Meanwhile, US and Iraqi forces continued their massive attack in Samarra overnight, killing five people and wounding 20 in the fighting, a doctor at a local hospital said on Saturday, according to Reuters.
Residents said American warplanes attacked targets in the city, located some 100 kms north of Baghdad, during the night, and tanks rolled through the town. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: Hospital fire kills at least 12; Seven, including US soldier, die in blasts, shooting
- Iraq: At least 44 killed, 27 wounded in US attack on Fallujah
- Iraq: Attacks reported on polling stations as at least 12 dead in various incidents
- Iraqis, American soldiers killed during fresh violent incidents in Baghdad
- At least 12 Iraqis killed in US attack on Fallujah