Iraq: US soldier killed, 11 wounded
One US soldier died and another 11 were hurt when two road bombs went off near their vehicles in the northern Iraqi province of Kirkuk, the military said Saturday. The attack took place during combat operations on Friday, AFP reported.
Meanwhile, a suicide bomber blew himself up near an Iraqi police and army checkpoint in western Baghdad on Saturday, killing four people and injuring six, police said. According to Reuters, police said one of those killed in the attack in the Ghazaliya district was an Iraqi soldier.
- 11 American soldiers wounded as Iraqi family killed by US fire in Fallujah
- 11, including two US soldiers, killed in Iraq
- Five Iraqis wounded in Baghdad attack as US soldier killed in rocket attack; At least nine Iraqis killed in Najaf, Kufa
- Two US Soldiers Killed, 20 Wounded by Misguided US Bomb in Afghanistan
- U.S. soldier killed in Iraq, another wounded