Iraq: U.S. soldier killed in convoy attack near Baqouba
A U.S. soldier was killed in a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) attack on a military convoy northeast of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad Thursday at around 2 a.m. (local time), according to a U.S. military spokeswoman, cited by Reuters.
The spokeswoman said the soldier from the 4th Infantry Division was pronounced dead in an American military hospital several hours after the attack, which took place near the Iraqi town of Baqouba, 66 kilometers northeast of Baghdad.
"A 4th Infantry Division soldier, while traveling in a convoy near Baqouba, died from wounds received from a rocket-propelled grenade attack at approximately 2 a.m. (2300 GMT Wednesday) on October ninth," the statement said. (Albawaba.com)
- Iraq: At least 30 killed in Kirkuk, Baqouba attacks; Additional bodies found in Baghdad
- US forces kill two Iraqis in Baqouba region; American soldier killed south of Tikrit
- US Soldier killed in Baghdad RPG attack
- US soldier dies after Baghdad convoy attacked
- Five Iraqis, four occupation soldiers killed in attacks