Iraq: U.S. soldier killed in convoy attack near Baqouba
A U.S. soldier was killed in a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) attack on a military convoy northeast of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad Thursday at around 2 a.m. (local time), according to a U.S. military spokeswoman, cited by Reuters.
The spokeswoman said the soldier from the 4th Infantry Division was pronounced dead in an American military hospital several hours after the attack, which took place near the Iraqi town of Baqouba, 66 kilometers northeast of Baghdad.
"A 4th Infantry Division soldier, while traveling in a convoy near Baqouba, died from wounds received from a rocket-propelled grenade attack at approximately 2 a.m. (2300 GMT Wednesday) on October ninth," the statement said. (Albawaba.com)
- One American soldier killed, four wounded in attack northeast of Baghdad
- US soldier killed northeast of Baghdad
- Another US copter crashes in Iraq as US soldier killed in grenade attack north of Tikrit
- Four Iraqis, U.S. soldier killed in separate explosions north of Baghdad
- Five US soldiers die in Iraq as British troops kill 16 Iraqi fighters