Iraqi civilian killed in clash with American troops
US troops killed an Iraqi civilian during an ambush in Fallujah, the US military said on Sunday.
It said Iraqi gunmen attacked a US patrol with automatic weapons and a rocket propelled grenade late Saturday. Soldiers returned fire and killed one of the assailants, while the other fled, said a statement released by the Central Command. None of the US soldiers was injured.
"Pockets of resistance remain in the region between Fallujah and Ramadi and they appear to be coordinated at the local level," it said, according to AP.(Albawaba.com)
- More U.S. soldiers, Iraqis killed in attacks, blasts
- Seven American soldiers, three Iraqi national guardsmen killed in car blast
- Marine killed after US copter crashes near Fallujah as American soldier killed north of Najaf
- Two US troops killed in Fallujah as Iraqi civilian killed in Baghdad attack
- Fierce fighting in Fallujah: At least 10 US troops, '\'71'\' Iraqi fighters killed so far