Iraqi civilian killed in clash with American troops
US troops killed an Iraqi civilian during an ambush in Fallujah, the US military said on Sunday.
It said Iraqi gunmen attacked a US patrol with automatic weapons and a rocket propelled grenade late Saturday. Soldiers returned fire and killed one of the assailants, while the other fled, said a statement released by the Central Command. None of the US soldiers was injured.
"Pockets of resistance remain in the region between Fallujah and Ramadi and they appear to be coordinated at the local level," it said, according to AP.(Albawaba.com)
- US troops kill two Iraqi civilians as American soldier dies in bombing attack
- Iraq: Seven US troops, 15 civilians killed in blasts, clashes
- US troops kill Iraqi civilian as Governing Council calls to give Uday, Qusay bodies to family
- Blasts kill six American troops, two Iraqi civilians as three Iraqi fighters shot dead near Tikrit
- Iraqi PM denounces killings of Iraqi civilians by American soldiers