Iraqi Deputy Premier makes unannounced visit to Syria
Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tareq Aziz made an unannounced visit to Syria on Wednesday and met with Foreign Minister Faruq al-Shara, the official SANA news agency reported.
The two discussed developments in the region, including events in the Palestinian territories, as well as bilateral ties, the agency said.
Aziz commented to reporters on last Friday's breakdown of talks in Vienna with United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan over the resumption of arms inspections in Iraq.
Aziz said Baghdad "has implemented all (UN) Security Council resolutions" and denied any tensions with the world body. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Tareq Aziz Makes Surprise Visit to Damascus
- Syrian President Meets Iraqi Deputy PM
- Iraq's Deputy PM Says no to UN Weapons Inspections
- Iraqi Deputy Premier visits Algeria, Tunisia; says Saddam will never leave Iraq
- Syria’s Assad Discusses Bilateral Ties with Visiting Iraqi Deputy PM